As the fall season fades into winter, we know two things to be true: there's never enough pumpkin and there's never enough chai. We can't help but be drawn to their warmth and decadence. While both ingredients individually satisfy our soul and our tastebuds, we can't help but marry the two to create an incredible scone worthy of any holiday table.
We added a festive twist to our gluten-free pumpkin scone: a silky chai buttercream, made with our hand-blended and freshly ground Masala Chai.
Buy some Masala Chai Concentrate here.
You Will Need:
1. Measure scone mix into a large metal bowl. Toss to mix.
2. Add in pumpkin puree and mix by hand until incorporated. Dough will be wetter than usual scones.
3. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
4. Scoop with serving spoon in 2in balls and drop onto baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside, but cooked inside. Rotate halfway through baking. *These cook slightly faster than regular scones*
6. Once cool, pipe the top with a generous helping of Chai Buttercream.
You Will Need:
1. Place the softened butter into the mixer bowl and whip using the paddle attachment.
2. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, followed by 1/2 the chai liquid.
3. Once incorporated, keep adding in chai little by little until the proper consistency is reached. (You may not use all the liquid! Stiffer icing will stay on the scone better.)
4. Continue to whip 3-5 minutes to incorporate air for fluffiness.
5. Transfer to a lidded container, label & store at room temp.
Comments will be approved before showing up.